Wednesday, June 1, 2011

About: My Restless Night and Why...

God was good in giving me a brother for the first sixteen, almost seventeen years of my life.
I've been thinking a lot recently on Isaac.
For those of you who don't know the story, you can read a snippet of it here...aaand my hyper linking isn't working *sigh*...
Read it here -->> http://thered
eemerliveth.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

Anyway, since Isaac's in heaven, I've found myself wondering countless times, "What would life be like if he HADN'T died..?"






*Takes break... The shuttle just came back and scared me pretty much right off the couch! O.o -pant,pant-*

Ok... BACK to my post...


So, while I've been pondering these things, I've realized all the good that has come of his passing (though it's taken me almost FOUR years to realize ANYTHING good from it.)
Counting my blessings: The Stone Family Band, Debbie's salvation... Actually, there's more. I can't think of them at the moment.


What has he been up to? Does he miss me? Any of us? What would he think of me now? Would he like our music? Would he still be riding? How many times would we have visited since then? Would his family have come and visited us? Would we have gone out there? What wacky things would he do to his hair again? How many more hugs would there have been? "I love you's?" Phone calls? Would he have facebook? ^_^ Would we text all the time? Would he have come to our graduations? Grandpa and PopPop's funerals? I KNOW he would have been at our weddings...whenever they may be.
The list... It's endless
.

Nut shell: I miss my brother.

If you have a brother (or ANY sibling, for that matter)...cherish them. You really don't know how long you will have them. Try your best not to nit-pick at each other. Love each other. Do things together. Talk to them. Eat food with them! Remember everything you've done with them! Make time special together! *crying*

I'm in earnest... Once your loved one is gone, there is NO turning back. You can never talk to them again in this life. No regrets.

People forget about people like us...the siblings. When someone passes away, it's, "How is your mom?", "His wife?", "His kids?", even "Your grandma?"!
Now... I'm not saying these people's loss is any less or ANYTHING like that. People just forget the sibling of the deceased. And honestly, that hurts. I guess just losing someone in general is super painful... no matter the relation.

Four years... Going on four years! Where has the time gone?!


Well... All in all, God is good and has a plan.

I'm sorry if this seemed like a rambling rant of a blog post... I guess the point to this post was, "Love your brothers and sisters."
I know they can get annoying at times (I know because I can be one!), but try your best to appreciate them. They're human beings created in God's image as well and deserve to be treated with respect.

I pray God blesses you, dear readers.
-Emily




6 comments:

Laura {{* *}} said...

Rambling rant, I think not.
The nature of our heart
in memory mode
is to flow.

This was a gush of heart-memory that is just precious,
and I feel so special, once again,
to be on the receiving end of your sharing.

My heart is warmed and I love you.

{{* *}}

Olivia Christine said...

He was such a dear loving brother! We couldn't have asked for a better one! I miss him so badly! Thanks, Em... I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, darlin'~~
There was no one like your dear brother ~ ever ~ and there will never be anyone like him ever again...no one can take his place in our hearts.
It still seems surreal to my heart, but my mind convinces me that we will only see him again in heaven. And our Lord continues to bring consolation, peace and hope.
I love you, and I love that you are transparent with your thoughts.
Bless you.
Mom

Bonnie said...

Hi Emily, your blog has been listed at www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com :-)

Lizzy said...

dear dear Emmy.
I am praying for you!
keep pouring out your heart to the Lord for He promises that his plans are good "...For i know the plans i have for you," declares the lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future."
love you,
Ellie

Savories of life said...

I cried when I read your post. Come on over and read mine about brothers and i will be back.